Bayridge Secondary School - Statement of Beliefs
At Bayridge Secondary School, the staff believe in and have a responsibility toward our students and one another. We feel that at the centre of this responsibility rests a commitment to the principles of success, community, and tradition. The following Statement of Beliefs embraces this commitment by outlining the key beliefs underlying each of these points.
The staff of Bayridge Secondary School believe in a model of success that...
- Supports students in their academic and personal achievements
- Balances educational and personal priorities
- Develops a safe and positive learning environment
- Encourages professional growth through creative and reflective practice
The staff of Bayridge Secondary School believe that an effective school community is one that...
- Encourages each member to take pride in their contributions
- Promotes a spirit of belonging within an inclusive, diverse and balanced environment
- Models the qualities of Respect, Optimism, Courage and Kindness
- Prepares students to participate meaningfully in local and larger communities through self-advocacy and critical citizenry
The staff of Bayridge Secondary School believe in a Tradition of Excellence that...
- Celebrates and builds upon the academic, artistic, and athletic accomplishments of the past
- Strives for a constancy of caring amid a changing society
- Serves as a model for present decisions and future directions by recognizing that our actions today create the traditions of tomorrow
- Supports aspirations for a better tomorrow by building upon past and present successes
Map of BSS Floor Plan.pdf