Remember…February 2nd is the final date for equal consideration.
We want to see all applications completed by december 19th to allow for any last minute changes.
If you are applying to an over-subscribed program, be sure to meet this deadline.
Here a few simple points to follow when applying to college. Please use these as a reference.
Remember…if you have any questions, please see your Guidance Counsellor in Student Services or use the
“Ask Us” feature on the Ontario College website.
- You will require your Ontario Education Number (OEN). You can get this from Student Services. (It also appears on your timetable, transcripts etc.)
- My OEN # is _____________________________________
- Go to www.ontariocolleges.ca to begin your application.
- The “APPLY” section is the area of the website where you will complete and submit your College Application.
- New users need to “Sign up” and create an account. You can use your e-mail as your user name and you must create your own password. Be sure to keep a copy of this as you will need it each time you sign in.
- You will receive an Application Number and Account Number. Print these for your records.
- You will receive an e-mail with your login information. If you do not receive this e-mail, check your spam or junk folder.
- In the “ALL ABOUT ME” section, you will come across the question “Do you intend to apply for the Queen Elizabeth II “Aiming for the Top” scholarship program?” Click YES. To input your address, you will need to know your Postal Code. Use the drop-down menu to find your address.
- In the “PROGRAM CHOICES” section, you can pick up to 5 choices (3 from any one College). List these in your order of preference. This is used for statistical purposes only. Your choices will be considered equally. Save your choices before you move on. Print a copy for your records.
- For the “EXPERIENCE” section, click “SKIP”. (You do not complete this section.)
- Proceed to the “PAYMENT” section. We recommend using a Credit Card. This is safe and the most efficient way to process your application. The fee is $95.00. Once you have paid, print a copy of the receipt for your records.
- The “CONFIRM” section is where you can accept an offer. You may only accept one offer at a time.
- If you want to review the on-line power point tutorial, go to: http://www.ocas.ca/documents/applicant-tutorial-eng.ppt. This offers a step-by-step procedure of the application process.
- The OCAS number is 1-888-892-2228. They will require your Application Number. Call them if you are experiencing difficulties with applying.